Re: hotmail loses BASE tag

__/ [ Bruce Lewis ] on Monday 27 March 2006 08:47 \__

> Those who send HTML email and rely on the BASE tag may be interested to
> know that hotmail seems to lose it.  A multipart/alternative message I
> sent to a friend who has hotmail did not work because the HREFs in the
> HTML part were relative to the BASE that hotmail did not acknowledge.

Hotmail (MSN/Microsoft) and (X)HTML are a classic oxymoron. The same goes for
CSS, let alone ActiveX controls. With bgsound, font sizes that are
quantified in Pt and so forth, quite frankly, I could not care less about
how Hotmail handles HTML. It probably gets worse when it generates HTML and
sends it to others. When my Supervisor sends me a one-line E-mail in Outlook
(without special formatting), the message size is 38KB.

Best wishes,