Re: ajaxWrite Threatens Microsoft Word (Live)

__/ [ Sandman ] on Monday 27 March 2006 18:59 \__

> In article <e08tl7$4f8$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Bye Bye Microsoft Word, Hello ajaxWrite
>>
>> http://www.michaelrobertson.com/archive.php?minute_id=206
>>
>> This joins the various Office productivity applications (notably
>> OpenOffice) and Google's latest acquisition.
>
> If I open it up in Firefox, and then save the default loaded document
> to my hard drive, it looks like complete shit when opened in Word...
> Hmmm. Maybe they can read Word document but not really save Word
> documents?

Have you filed a bug report to Microsoft Office?

The whole motive for using standardised tools is to *escape* the realms of
close-source and break the financial shackles. Thereby, you retain a
document(s) that will remain uniform throughout, regardless of the
application used. That is what ODF is set to achieve. HTML and CSS likewise
(W3C), but as we all know, Internet Explorer cannot render pages correctly,
which requires 'hacks'.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Roughly 2% of your keyboard is O/S-specific
  6:00pm  up 19 days  7:45,  8 users,  load average: 0.63, 0.50, 0.55