Re: HTML auto-formatter

__/ [ Tony ] on Monday 27 March 2006 21:53 \__

> Just wanting to get opinions on this: what ones have you used and what
> do you think works best?
>
> Would appreciate some reasons offered (ie "MyFormatter is best because
> it makes pretty pictures") to help me evaluate the options.
>
> TIA

Pardon my ignorance, but what are auto-formatters? Are you thinking about
tools that generate 'markup on the fly' of WYSIWYG paradigms? Are you
talking about sanitisation tools such as HTMLTidy? Is it a stylesheet
switcher type of tool? As in "change template and change page layout 'on the
fly'"? I personally, find that the best tool for page composition are
content management systems. To me, these seem like best bar none, unless you
come to consider rich text editors.

Best wishes,