Re: HTML auto-formatter

__/ [ Tony ] on Wednesday 29 March 2006 18:26 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Tony ] on Monday 27 March 2006 21:53 \__
>>

>>>Just wanting to get opinions on this: what ones have you used and what
>>>do you think works best?
>>>
>>>Would appreciate some reasons offered (ie "MyFormatter is best because
>>>it makes pretty pictures") to help me evaluate the options.
>>>
>>>TIA
>>

>> Pardon my ignorance, but what are auto-formatters? Are you thinking about
>> tools that generate 'markup on the fly' of WYSIWYG paradigms? Are you
>> talking about sanitisation tools such as HTMLTidy?
>
> Sorry for the lack of clarity -
>
> I've also heard them called "beautifiers" - but basically what I'm
> looking for is something that would take this: (I know it's senseless
> HTML - just for discussion!)

> and turn it into:

>      stuff here
>      Something here
>        Something else
>

> What would that be called?

Ah! That's HTMLTiday, which was my first guess in the previous message. It
does excellent job and it's free.

http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

Best wishes and good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
  7:00pm  up 21 days  8:45,  10 users,  load average: 2.40, 1.67, 1.09