Re: Microsoft Employees Furious Over Vista Fiasco

> Microsoft employees call for Ballmer to go
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "Vista 2007. Fire the leadership now!".
> |
> | "People need to be fired and moved out of Microsoft today.
> | Where's the freakin' accountability?"
> |
> | "Vista - I wouldn't buy it with someone else's money. Then again what
> | do I know, I've only been testing the dog for the last 2-3 yrs."
> `----
>
> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/85527/microsoft-employees-call-for-ballmer-to-go.html

   "However, the decision to let the Vista date slip does have its
   supporters within the Windows team. Another reply says 'If you had
   spent the last 5 years of your life grinding away to get this thing
   out the door, you would have realised the only thing worse than
   slipping the date, would have been to lay a turd in August."

and

   "Nevertheless, the promotion of Sinofsky who is recognised as a
   tougher manager than Allchin, will be due to his record of getting
   Office and its related products out on schedule. In contrast, the
   much delayed Windows Vista will be the first revision of the
   operating system since the release of Windows XP in 2001 and despite
   his announced retirement, Jim Allchin will leave as the man who
   couldn't get the OS out the door on time."

I'm not sure that laying down the whip hand a bit heavier will really
help with a crew that is apparently a bit demoralised.

--
Give me automake, gcc, vi, an xterm, and a Linux box, and I'm a happy guy.