Re: BoxTrapper/Filters (Was: Microsoft Breakup Imminent?...)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Peter KÃhlmann ] on Tuesday 28 March 2006 21:05 \__

< snip >

>> The only way to deal with spam is making it a severely punished crime,
>> and to let those assholes pay hefty fines who do their advertising by
>> spam
>>
>> C/R systems are by far the worst way to deal with it
>
> As I said, I feel very apologetic about this and I still seek to reduce
> the number of challenges delivered, if not drop that filtering system
> altogether. For all BoxTrappers I have put _SpamAssassin in front_ (or "on
> top", depending how you view this... vertically or horizontally), which
> means a challenege will be delivered _only_ if the message 'bubbled' past
> SpamAssassin. I would say this reduces the volume of challenges by about
> 75%.

Which is way too high. Even 1% of wrong challenges is not acceptable
In fact, only *no* wrongly sent challenge is acceptable at all
A C/R system which cannot ensure that has to shut down
--
Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
        If it starts working, we'll fix it.  Pronto.