Re: KDE suite falling short for professional users

__/ [ J.O. Aho ] on Wednesday 29 March 2006 15:43 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>  > Have you considered the products from Mozilla (it's now a foundation so
>  > I can probably say "products")?
>
> Mozilla Suite (not all versions) has support for QT-toolbox, which makes it
> fit a lot better into a KDE environment than what gtk+/xlib/gtk2 tollbox
> versions does.

I haven't noticed that when working with GNOME. Then again, I still use
Firefox 1.0.x, Thunderbird 1.0.x and KDE 3.1. I use GNOME elsewhere and I
saw some signs of GUI integration in Firefox. Then again, it came
pre-installed with the distro (ubuntu).

>> Think of Konqueror as work in progress that has not been recognised
>> by prejudiced Web developers.
>
> You have websphere based on kHTML .

And there's Safari too.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Seeing bad movies only encourages them"
  4:00pm  up 21 days  5:45,  9 users,  load average: 0.37, 0.71, 0.58