Re: Novell on Linux Revenue

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 29 March 2006 22:58 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Have a look at Red Hat in the headlines today. They only do Linux and they
>> do _splendidly_. one headline named it a ":revenue" soar, so maybe your
>> money is on the wrong share, which is still dependent on Windows NetWare.
>
> Yet, RHAT dropped 2 points today.
>
> The only logical thing to happen is for NOVL to buy up RHAT.

I don't like the idea, but this would at least reduce the extent of forking.
There will still remain plenty of choice.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/HP_Too_many_open_source_licences/0,2000061733,39248797,00.htm
                [ HP: Too many open source licences ]

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
  7:45am  up 21 days 21:30,  10 users,  load average: 2.00, 1.30, 1.01