Re: Disappointment with Linux

  • Subject: Re: Disappointment with Linux
  • From: rapskat <rapskat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:02:31 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:26:08 +0000, Lobo wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:25:36 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>I am very disappointed with Linux installers. Disappointed because they have
>>become so intervention-free. They make me feel like a boor. They ask which
>>language I speak because they cannot read my mind. Sometimes, they make me
>>feel special; they ask me to swap CD's.
>>
>>Linux has no future. It offers no challenges anymore. It's only for those
>>idiots who just want things to always work...
>
> That's why I'm running Dappar (beta). I got bored with Breezy. It just
> worked. Unfortunately, Dapper hasn't faired much better for me.

I had the same experience with Dapper on a Compaq Solo laptop.  I was
looking for a project and doing laptops has always proven to be a bit of a
challenge especially with a beta pre-release.

So I install it, boot it up, and...everything just worked!  Sound, video,
builtin NIC, suspend, touchpad, even the FN buttons!

Damnit.

> Maybe I'll have to go back to fixing Windows boxes for something to do
> ;-)

Ugh.  Which reminds me, I'd better get to work.  :-/

--
rapskat -  09:57:44 up 15 days,  1:14,  3 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.06, 0.01
        "Smile despite the circumstances and laugh throughout the pain.