Re: changing Log In Passwords.

__/ [ Nicholas Andrade ] on Thursday 30 March 2006 00:57 \__

> Tex wrote:
>> Open a terminal session.  <su -> to the UID you want to change password
>> for.  Enter its password.  Enter <passwd UID>.  Enter the new password.
>> CTRL-D to logout of that UID.
>
> Reread the message, the original poster isn't asking how to change their
> passwd, rather they want to change their password authentication module
> from MD5 (or whatever it is by default) to blowfish.
>
> To the original poster, I'm not certain but I'd presume the place to
> look will be in /etc/pam.d/.

[Kind remark] Why not use the fine front-ends? GUI's are points of progress,
but in the case the OP does not have them, the pointer to the file is indeed
a valid and useful one.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  8:55am  up 22 days 22:40,  10 users,  load average: 1.02, 0.59, 0.48