Re: Industrial Partnership for Linux Gaming

On 2006-03-30, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "Linux adoption across the globe is gaining momentum, particularly
>| within public institutions, businesses and home users in Europe. One
>| of the key application gaps to be filled to encourage the proliferation
>| of Linux is the ability to deliver a great gaming experience," said
>| Vikas Gupta, president and CEO of TransGaming.

 I'm much more fond of tools to make it easier to have Linux-native
games, like OpenGL, SDL and OpenAL, etc. Writing software to make
Windows games run on Linux is a losing proposition. Not because it can't
be done - it just takes effort. But that effort is never-ending.

--
 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                            (313) 227-2317

 "Ironically, Microsoft's efforts to deny interoperability of Windows
      with legitimate non-Microsoft applications have created an
  environment in which Microsoft's programs interoperate efficiently
              only with Internet viruses." -- Daniel Geer