Re: (News) The New Anti-Linux FUD Campaign

__/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Friday 31 March 2006 20:34 \__

> On 2006-03-31, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Where do Unix shops who want to migrate go next? You'd think they go
>>| for Linux. Or is it Windows? It depends who's asking.
>
>  Without the actual data, it's kind of hard to evaluate the reports and
> whether their percentatges are really statistically significant.
> Interesting to read, though.

They  would  also have you believe that Linux TCO is higher and  companies
cannot migrate to OpenOffice successfully.

You  know what OSDL once said: Microsoft can take a peek at a 100 page re-
port,  find one flaterring sentence, isolate it from its context and  then
spend  bi/millions echoing what that sentence embodies. In principle,  Mi-
crosoft  could  conduct 100 such studies and only publish that  one  which
favoured them. The company has big pockets, but I would suggest that their
/selection/  was  biassed, /not/ the instantiation they had used  for  the
'study'.

By the way, why do Microsoft studies always hide behind an identity of an-
other company? They already got some researchers embargoed for not reveal-
ing the fact that they were secretly employed by Microsoft and then spread
security FUD in conferences. Microsoft employ formidable researchers. It's
a fact.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it collapses" --Windows TCP
  9:00pm  up 23 days 10:45,  10 users,  load average: 1.19, 0.99, 1.06