Re: Ever have one of those moods?

__/ [ William Tasso ] on Tuesday 02 May 2006 17:02 \__

> Fleeing from the madness of the schestowitz.com / MCC / Manchester
> University jungle
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> stumbled into
> and said:
>
>> __/ [ Matt Probert ] on Tuesday 02 May 2006 13:03 \__

>>> While the British Union flag is flown upside down to indicate mourning
>>> or disaster.
>>>
>>> Matt
>>
>> It's a joke, I assume? It's pretty symmetric, vertically and
>> horizontally...
>
> Not at all - look again - more closely
>
>> only the diagonals make the exception, but it is hard to spot when the
>> flag
>> is being waved.
>
> This is something that every British schoolboy would know.

But Know != Notice. Isn't this is *too* subtle to indicate a state of alert
or dysphoria? The upside down stars and stripes are harder to ignore...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com  |     GNU/Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  5:55pm  up 5 days  0:52,  11 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.52, 0.50