Re: Incomplete memo sync

__/ [ David Lesher ] on Tuesday 02 May 2006 21:33 \__

> Desktop 4.2.1 for Mac
>
> Visor
>

> I have oh 18 desktop memos.
>
> I lost all Palm-data to a dead battery. No problem; that's what
> a current HotSync is all about, right?
>
> I did a sync and all apps and dates and files were restored. But
> only SOME of my memos, and the factory default ones.
>
> I looked at the Conduit Setting on the Desktop.  I have: Address
> Book, Backup, Calender, Contacts, Date Book, Install, Tasks, To Do
> list conduits.  But nothing about Desktop Memos.  Are they carried
> by one of the above?
>
> If not, what else might cause some but not all memos to
> restore...?

Are all 18 memos visible on the Desktop? If so, I urge you to make backup of
the files in question (e.g. duplicate your Palm profile in its entirety.
It's a profile which resides somewhere on your hard-drive). Do this /before/
you start doing anything else...

Are any of the memos hidden/password-protected? Does any of them contain
abnormal characters/symbols (unlikely)? Do you get an error status or simply
a log. If so, can you spot anything that would indicate that the conduit
struggles?

I agree that it's odd not to have a Memopad conduit among your list, but I
haven't used HotSync Manager/Palm Desktop for a while, so I can't tell for
sure.

Hope this leads to a fruitful discussion,

Roy

PS - are you losting the latest of Palm Desktop? I can't recall if 4.2.1 is
the very latest. I believe that some bugfixes /may/ have been involved in
subsequent, more recent releases.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
  1:05pm  up 5 days 20:02,  12 users,  load average: 0.79, 0.84, 0.73