Re: Happiness Declines in the UK

__/ [ Lance ] on Wednesday 03 May 2006 09:51 \__

> Roy wrote:
>
> ",----[ Quote ]
> | Britain is less happy than in the 1950s - despite the fact that we
> | are three times richer.
> |
> | The proportion of people saying they are "very happy" has fallen from
> | 52% in 1957 to just 36% today.
> `----
>
> Why do you think Britons are less happy?

I have no hand on that study, of course, but I opine that happiness if
relative. As communication improves (TV, Internet, frequency of phone
coversation), jealousy which is dependent on the notion of relativity, as
well contest, lead to sadness. Moreover, people are becoming less social,
more isolated and thus they received less encouragement and mutual support.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  1:10pm  up 5 days 20:07,  12 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.37, 0.56