Re: [News] CNET: Vista = Cloudy Forecast

__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Thursday 04 May 2006 00:52 \__

> In article <1647624.ZPhEUpYRm8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Other services (in this SOA model) depend on R$A, so it is a huge blow. It
>> has a ripple effect on other features. Think WinF$, for example.
>
> I think you are a little bit confused here.  RSA tokens are hardware
> dongles that come as key fobs, or cards, that are used as part of a
> two-factor authentication system.
>
> I don't think WinFS depends on them.

I wasn't pointing out *any* correlation between the two. The only commonality
here is that both were conceded in the sense that they will be excluded from
the core *and* many application can/could use them as services, through
API's.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
  7:05am  up 6 days 14:02,  13 users,  load average: 0.87, 0.89, 0.79