Re: I need help -- upgrade palm zire 72

  • Subject: Re: I need help -- upgrade palm zire 72
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:52:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.palm
__/ [ mikiki ] on Wednesday 19 April 2006 17:51 \__

> Hello everyone,

Hi Mikiki,

> The first sorry for my english (i learning) :)
>
> I have by a palm zire 72 for one year or two
> and the palm running the palm OS v. 4.5.2P

I believe that the latest is 5, however...

> Now i would like to install the plam os 5.
> It is possible ?

Not really. It's possible only if you are an adventurous engineer, I believe.
The O/S is quite closely-bound to the device and I believe it resides in
Read-Only Memory (ROM).

> I have look on the website of palmone but
> i did'nt find any information.

Do not worry about this. Your current O/S may be fine for most things. Palm
are moving to a new platform that is based on the Linux kernel. I believe it
will be named Access, but it's still quite vague.

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/12/18/linux-lifedrive-t3/

> could we please tell me anything about that
> thxs a lot

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reversi for Linux/Win32: http://othellomaster.com
  4:45pm  up 12 days 23:42,  8 users,  load average: 0.32, 0.57, 0.58