Re: Daily Fact: Windows Zombie Spam

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ DFS ] on Wednesday 10 May 2006 16:29 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> __/ [ DFS ] on Wednesday 10 May 2006 16:04 \__

>>> Well, thank you, DuFuS, for the kind compilment.
>>
>> How come you don't realize when you're being insulted?
>
> By one who could never install a Linux distribution, until recently?

What are you blabbing about?  I installed RedHat 4.2 in 1997, and about 10
distros to hard drive over the last two years.

But to what end?  I have Slackware/KDE 3.4.2 on my older box, and I upgraded
the kernel to 2.6.13 for better USB support.  Now what?

>>> Yes, I'm sure that Windows could automagically tell apart ham from
>>> spam. At daemon-level, you cannot afford to make any wrong
>>> detections (false positives). Not only will the messages be
>>> unavilable for human judgment, but they will also not be routed to
>>> the _fricken server_. This statement only comes to show how
>>> ignorant you are.
>>
>> Ignorant?  Wait a minute... so I'm wrong?  sendmail doesn't
>> propagate spam?
>
> Right. And Unabomber is an innocent man. It's the mailman who should
> be put on death row.

I see.  So it's OK for sendmail to unknowningly deliver spam, but it's not
OK for Windows to unknowningly send it?

>>> It sure does. It serves as vital input to Steve Ballmer' rectum.
>>
>> The mature mind of a Linux user... such a sight to behold.
>

> I could say "it (Windows) is going down the shute", but that's just
> too mundane and predictable.

As with most of what you say about Windows, it has no relation to reality.

>>> I don't even know why I bother...
>>
>> You seem to have a problem with sendmail delivering all that spam
>> you like to blame on Windows.
>
> Right. I'll switch to Windows, waste some money and receive the same
> amount of spam. Not one item more. Maybe one item less (due to server
> downtime).

It definitely won't be a waste of money to switch to Windows.  You might
find it's nice to have access to the best apps and games and most current
hardware.