Re: ISO: Open Source Legal Practice Software

__/ [ timjowers@xxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 09 May 2006 22:29 \__

> Hi everyone,
>
>   Can you recommend Open Source software for a Law Firm / Legal
> Practice?
>
> ... document managment SW with templates so you can change the master
> file and have all the others changed ... ability to associate files
> with clients (for privacy and for billing) and staff with clients.
> I'm looking into PHPAdvocat (seems to be client billing), eLawManager
> (cannot figure out how to run), and iridia (will review tonight). Did
> not see any others on SourceForge.
>
>   Maybe a Content Managment System has strong enough document
> management for templatnig and security? Suggestions there?

Hi Tim,

Do you seek something that is necessarily or unnecessarily Web-based?  I can
think of a few mixtures that will enable you to put together an overall Open
Source framework.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  8:05am  up 12 days 15:02,  8 users,  load average: 1.41, 0.93, 0.65