Re: Why are my Meta Tags not working?

  • Subject: Re: Why are my Meta Tags not working?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 05:37:48 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ canadafred ] on Tuesday 09 May 2006 23:45 \__

Welcome back, Fred. Haven't seen you around for a while and thought you had
gone phishing (sic) for the summer...

> Devin wrote:
>> I looked like 20 pages far on google and I still didnt see my site
>> please can someone check.....

This would not be the best approach to assessing your site. A better one
might involve a count of referrals from search engines. Over the months, it
can be a good indicator of /progress/, which is limited by the competition
nonetheless.

>> www.thygamer.com
>> and see if i did my meta tags right?
>
> The code is bad man. The tags are wrong, the redirect wrong, the use of
> anything useful is wrong. It's all ... wrong wrong wrong!

How blunt...

> Wow. You have something really special there. My immediate suggestion
> would be to find yourself a better web designer who knows a bit about
> SEO.

Are you seeking a gig?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*
  5:30am  up 12 days 12:27,  7 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.29, 0.33