Re: SusE 10.1 Final Release

On Mon, 08 May 2006 14:39:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> An article on this: *grin*
>
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/New_SUSE_Linux_to_debut_this_week/0,2000061733,39255778,00.htm
>
> New SUSE Linux to debut this week

I hope the final is better than the the last RC (3?).  I tried to do an
online upgrade and got a boatload of conflicts.  I got most of them sorted
out, deleting various programs I didn't need, but the showstopper was
libdbus.  Many of the apps required (something like 240 of them)
libdbus.so.2 but only libdbus.so.1 was installed on the system, and there
was apparently no newer version in the release.  Very odd.

Oh well, guess i'll wait for final.