Re: COLA Stats 7 May 2006

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 07 May 2006 22:00 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Sunday 07 May 2006 07:06 \__
>>
>>> On 2006-05-06, Roy Culley <rgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something
>>> concerning:

>>> How unusual is that?
>>       ^^^^^^^
>>
>> I notice that there is no 'section' where maximal message length is
>> echoed. When I generate stats for mailing lists, I always have to omit
>> that section. It points to self and creates an odd chain otherwise.
>>

>> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 07 May 2006 00:10 \__
>>
>>> Toplist of Newsreaders
>>>
>>>  Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
>>>    1. KNode
>>

>> How *unprecedented* is that?
>>

> It's happened before, afairc...  What's more unprecendented is your good
> self hitting near the top of both the troll-feeder list and the quality
> poster list... :-)  so who would take these stats seriously :-) ?

Culley's Perl should be modified to sort by percentages, as opposed to actual
numbers. Only 11% of the posts were 'troll treats'. I just happened to write
many posts (box indicates I wrote close to 500 messages in just one week).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Have you hugged your penguin today?
  5:30am  up 10 days 12:27,  7 users,  load average: 1.25, 1.44, 0.81