Re: Google shows results in blocks with suggestions

__/ [ tonnie ] on Saturday 06 May 2006 22:27 \__

> Noticed today, searching for 'lifestyle' on www.google.nl, that Google
> is showing suggestions for the keyword searched.
>
> Check: http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=lifestyle
>
> and a short article (in Dutch):
> http://vision2form.nl/webontwerp/zoekmachine-optimalisatie-nieuws.html
>
> Google on its way to a clustered searchengine?

The actual search results, as well as the image in the article explain this,
but this has gone on for a while. I guess it only becomes more common. What
about the new interface that they are testing (button on the left)?

A rough and automated translation of the article you cited (Babelfish):

,----[ Babelfish output ]
| Goolge give suggestions to a block-system at its zoekresultaten
|
| Pages related at a search for ' lifestyle ' our eye fell today on a group
| of results, as we that had not yet rather seen.
|
| In the form of ' block-systems ' (memoranda) Google show the results and
| give thereby directly to suggestions for combinations of the gezochte
| word ' lifestyle ' in combination with ' shop ' and ' live '.
|
| The first block-system gives the ' general ' results for the gezochtew
| ord, clearly separated the ' suggestions ' are reflected.
`----

This reminds me recommendations for completion in Webcrawler (going back to
2002), as well as http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en , which
recently reached Google News:

http://news.google.com/news?complete=1