Moving to Kansas was: Re: [News] Anti-Linux Defamer Brought to Justice

  • Subject: Moving to Kansas was: Re: [News] Anti-Linux Defamer Brought to Justice
  • From: "Mathew P." <Mathew@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 23:24:25 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

On 2006-05-06, High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Blogger detective outs incompetent Anti-Linux defamer
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | At last we know the identity of the right-wing "culture warrior" who
>> | posted what was probably the most un-informed article on Linux ever
>> | written. A former city IT manager decides to get revenge on Linux by
>> | telling a bunch of lies about it on one of the web's most notorious
>> | conservative attack sites.
>> `----
>>
> http://digg.com/linux_unix/Blogger_detective_outs_incompetent_Anti-Linux_defamer
>
> By the way some people drive, a ride through Oklahoma City convinced me that
> the area has it's share of nut cases.  (Tuttle is a suburb.)
>
> I don't know if the two are the same.  The blog writer seems to have too
> much time on his/her hands.  OTOH, I gathered that the city manager had his
> share of fires to put out, by the writing style in the CentOS dialog.
>
> Until there is further evidence, I'd say that for now it is a coincidence.

I have several thoughts I think I'd like to share.

First, where is any connection whatsoever made betwen Linux and politcal/
ideological positions? I am a conservative republican who happens to love
Linux and use it exclusively.

Ignorance is ignorance, stupidity, stupidity, and it knows no boundries.

I have quite a bit of experience traveling the midwest. My mother lives in
Kansas, and I live in Southern California. I am planning to move to Kansas
because I am tired of the day to day hatred and violence in socal society.
I am tired of Narcissistic, Self absorbed, egocentric inconsiderate boobs
that won't even say hello to you in the supermarket, much less smile at you.
I am tired of amber alerts, eleven o'clock news death counts, and protest
marches for illegal alien rights. I am tired of drive by shootings and
getting disgusted looks when my wife and I say quiet prayers to bless
our food in a restraunt. I am tired of it all. I have to drive through
Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and  Oklahoma, in that order, to get to
my mothers house. There are two notable things about that experience.

1) You soon learn that Californians believe that their perception/version of
the United States is the correct one, and that they believe every state is
identical in attitude, politics and funtion, to their own, (todays show was
brought to you by the letter 'a' can you say "arrogance" boys and girls) and:

2) The people of the midwest (as with socal, a generalization) are some of the
nicest, most gracious, common sense people I have had the pleasure to know. If
a neighbor brings you some pasta sauce, you don't have to worry that it's
poisoned, and throw it down the sink. You pour it on, and enjoy. How do I know?
Because It happens all the time. I have even been the recipient. In wichita
I have met the Amish. Amazing, delightful people. The midwest is a different
world, which is very fortunate for the US.

I do not know about this suburb of Oklahoma city. I do work with a nurse
whose husband died in the federal building bombing, and if her integrity
is any indication (and it fits right in whith the other people I have met
in Oklahoma) the city, while having the problems of a big city, is not
just another big city. Just as Wichita is not just another city.

I don't know, nor do I really care about this blogger, but I didn't
want the idea to be spread that midwesterners were "nut cases".

Regards,

Mathew