Re: Company monopolising Adwords positions

  • Subject: Re: Company monopolising Adwords positions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 17:44:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Paul B ] on Saturday 06 May 2006 17:23 \__

> On 6 May 2006 09:09:11 -0700, christian9997@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>A company is using different domain names to monopolise the Adwords
>>positions for given words. They've got the name of their company ending
>>with .com the name of their company ending with .ch (Switzerland domain
>>name) and an alias that's the name of the service they are offering. As
>>they are taking up 3 slots instead of 1 they are preventing other
>>companies from having a chance to appear.
>>
>>Is this permitted? If not how can I contact Google for them to take
>>action.
>>
>>I find this behaviour pathetic.
>>
>>Thanks
>
> Hi
>  Techinally, they could be seen as different sites, so I guess they
> are within the rules.
> But, are they duplicate sites ? Is so, report them for that instead.
>
> I guess only google knows the answers.

Google would be put in a tough position nonetheless:

        * google.com

        * google.co.uk

        * google.ca

        * google

        * and the list goes on and on...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
  5:40pm  up 9 days  0:37,  13 users,  load average: 0.47, 0.54, 0.55