Re: [News] Washington's Rogue Operating System Blamed for a Washington Zombie Attack

  • Subject: Re: [News] Washington's Rogue Operating System Blamed for a Washington Zombie Attack
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 05:13:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Friday 05 May 2006 23:16 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/05/hospital_zombie_attack/
>>
>> Zombies attack Seattle hospital
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Christopher Maxwell, from Vacaville, California, 20, also confessed
>> | to disrupting US military systems during the January 2005 attack. As
>> | part of a plea bargain agreement, Maxwell agree to pay $252,000 in
>> | compensation to Northwest Hospital and Medical Centre in Seattle, the
>> | main victim of his attack, and the Department of Defense.
>> `----
>>
>> Yes, all due to remotely exploitable loopholes in Microsoft Windows.
>
> WOW!
>
> And people trust their entire lives to windows!!!!!!

I found it rather ironic. You see, Seattle is an affluent city and it owes
much  of this to its close neighbour Redmond, which also is responsible to
_at  least_  one  branch of Microsoft in Seattle. This attracts a  lot  of
intellect  and  brings wealth, which is why publications like the  Seattle
Times  are  so  favourable  and  biased  towards  Microsoft.  Then,  quite
ironically, they come to eat their own dog<strikeout>food</strikeout>shit.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "These characters were randomly picked"
  5:05am  up 8 days 12:02,  12 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.60, 0.80