[News] Ballmer Carries on With Open Source Bashing

Open source competition nothing new, Microsoft chief argues

(FUD interpretation: we have managed to beat OSS for decades)

,----[ Snippet of Lies ]
| Competing with open source is no different than battling
| proprietary competitors
|
| Open source is beating Microsoft in areas where the software firm is
| lacking in innovation. But when competing head to head on features,
| Microsoft has no trouble beating open source, Microsoft chief executive
| Steve Ballmer argued during a public speaking engagement in Silicon Valley.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2155925/open-source-competition-nothing

To his credit, many of the quotes therein make Microsoft look as though they
fight a losing battle.