Re: Microsoft FUD and its "Shoddy, Arrogant Worst"

The point the article makes it that it was reprehensible to use the
threat of legal action over supposedly unlicensed software to make
sales.

Even if Microsoft never did that, what about the hassle and expense of
keeping detailed records of all software purchases, upgrades, etc, and
updating everything every time you retire/replace a machine, put new
hardware on it, etc etc?  Not only a hassle and waste of time for the
staff that does these duties, but also ordinary employees who have to
have their work interrupted for this kind of nonsense.  I've seen
enough of this at places where I have worked, and I know.