Re: [News] Linux Hosting Beats Windows Hosting

Roy Schestowitz :
> ...according to some public opinions:
>
> http://www.tophosts.com/forum/general-hosting-forum/437-windows-linux-hosting.html

For services like http, ftp, dns, and mail, this one's a no brainer. My
last contract job was for a fella who had first tried a Mac guy to build
him an FTP server. The mac never worked. Then he brought in a Windows
guy. It worked, but would choke halfway through most transfers, leaving
the customer with no preview of the product. He hired me and I was able
to charge him half of what either of the other guys charged for a solid
product and (according to him) got the job done in half the time, with
no licencing issues!

--
Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge.
		-- Kirk, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2