Re: Tables under Firefox go wrong

  • Subject: Re: Tables under Firefox go wrong
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 20:31:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [ ironcorona ] on Friday 12 May 2006 19:16 \__

> Samuël van Laere wrote:
>> Under Firefox my table goes wrong:
>> http://www.webkluns.nl/tabellen.html
>>
>> Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix it?
>
> Firefox seems to be doing something odd with the caption element.  The
> way to solve this is go to your table style sheet and change it to:
>
> caption {
> background-color: #F5F5F5;
> border-left: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
> border-right: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
> border-top: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
> color: #404040;
> font: normal bolder 100%/130% "MS Sans Serif", serif;
> margin:0 auto;
> }
>
> table {
> background-color: #DCDCDC;
> border: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
> color: #000000;
> margin: 0 auto;
> width: 70%;
> }
>
> td {
> background-color: #F5F5F5;
> border: 1px solid #A9A9A9;
> color: #000000;
> font: normal 100%/130% "Times New Roman", "Trebuchet MS", serif;
> }
>
> This is just adding margin:0 auto; to caption
> and changing to margin:0 auto; in table
> [note that values other than 0 in either of these breaks it too]
>
> If you want to give the table some margin-top I suggest that you give
>
> I have absolutely no clue as to why Firefox does this but none of my
> other browsers (Opera, IE) do.

Neither does an old version of Konqueror. I too was trying to help, to no
avail. I find it rather odd that, of all Web browsers, Firefox would be the
one to fail. A Web search trying to identify a known problem was unfruitful,
for what it's worth.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  8:25pm  up 15 days  3:22,  9 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.53, 0.52