Re: internet access through wireless card

  • Subject: Re: internet access through wireless card
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 20:27:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [ Parminder Singh Chauhan ] on Friday 12 May 2006 20:19 \__

> I installed suse super on Dell inspiron 6000 laptop two days ago.
> I cannot access Internet through wireless card. I can see my router and
> other computers. I can go to Internet via Ethernet. KWifManager tells it is
> connected and have a local IP via DHCP. I tried to disable firewall as
> well.
>
> Can any body suggest me what I should look at and how to connect to
> Internet?

I do not have the habit of referring people to another thread, but I suggest
you have a look at this very fresh thread:

http://message-id.net/<1147393959.709037.142000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                        (browse to see replies)

The question was quite similar and the discussion is quite elaborate. Also,
have you tried ndiswrapper yet?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  8:25pm  up 15 days  3:22,  9 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.53, 0.52