Re: Drupal rocks!!!

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 14 May 2006 04:53 \__

> On 14/05/2006 03:56, Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>> __/ [ rapskat ] on Sunday 14 May 2006 03:18 \__

>> Fantastico?
>
> Fantastico, cPanel, and a host (excuse the pun) of other tools.

Me excuses. Likes the pun.

>> From what I hear, and having just glanced at the back end of Drupal,
>>  WordPress is easier to use
>
> I've seen Wordpress; it looks fine, but I'll stick with Drupal for now.

No pressure. Just a suggestion, 'tsall...

>>> Thanks for that!  I've been looking for a CMS
> <...>
>>> I'll give this a try-see. :-)
>
>> I know hosts that will offer you one-click installation scripts and
>> some decent hosting for just a pound a month.
>
> Yeah, I though about going with a UK host like the one you're with
> (catalyst2), but in the end I've yet to find one that offers the same
> kind of disk space and bandwidth, that you get from the Yanks.

I am am aware of this, much to my discomfort.

> Beware any host that claims "unlimited" - no such thing, and you end
> up with a shit service.

Yes, that's what I thought. I suppose that hosting for your homemade DVD's
will prove difficult in practice. Seen those 'jumbo-sized, piece-uv-[blank]'
hosting plans...

In retrospect, I am very lucky to have gone with my current Web host. Support
is fantastic, as is the load average (although it has been rising in the
past year).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
  7:00am  up 16 days 13:57,  11 users,  load average: 1.31, 0.72, 0.72