No Network No Mouse

  • Subject: No Network No Mouse
  • From: "data345@xxxxxxxxx" <data345@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 13 May 2006 23:37:46 -0700
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Just installed 10.1, and my mouse is usb.  How do I get it to "find"
the mouse from the CLI?

I've loaded knoppix on this machine, and it's found the mouse just
fine.

Regarding the network, it didn't seem to find my pci network card
during the install, which is actually eth1, because eth0, which is on
my motherboard doesn't work (though it's seen by the os).

Now that the install is complete, it sees eth1, but it's not
configured.  How do I configure eth1 to use the dhcp client for
grabbing an IP address?

Hopefully there's a CLI command (mouse doesn't work, so I have to go to
CLI).

Thanks.
   === Al