Re: [Op/Ed] 12 Reasons for Microsoft Demise

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 14 May 2006 23:51 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <8YN9g.69331$wl.49796@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> M <ihatespam.0.a101888@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> http://toorg.blogspot.com/2006/05/why-microsoft-will-fail.html
>>>
>>> Gist:
>>>
>>> 1.Staff turnover / morale
>>> 2.Profitability
>>> 3.The ?Good enough? syndrome
>>> 4.API compatibility
>>> 5.Malware
>>> 6.Risk exposure for litigation
>>> 7.Microsoft is perceived to be an unethical
>>> 8.Linux threatens Windows
>>> 9.OpenOffice threatens MS Office
>>> 10.MySQL / PostgrSQL / Firebird threatens MS SQL Server
>>> 11.The Open Document Format
>>> 12.Lack of innovation
>>
>> If failure does come, it will be because of their inability to adapt
>> quickly enough to a changing world.
>
> MS have never been able to adapt quickly. They have survived to date
> by illegally using their monopoly position and the wealth they have to
> buy or crush those that oppose them. This tactic fails utterly against
> FOSS. Their demise is inevitable.
>
> What shows just how inept MS are is their total failure in any market
> that isn't reliant on Windows and Office. When the revenue from the
> Windows and office cash cow tumble so does MS. Roll on Vista and MS
> Office 200x. The writing is on the wall.

They  will not die away so quickly; it will happen over time. Deep pockets
can  buy you that high position that guarantees more opportunities for FUD
--  that  which  blinds  the masses. I never fool myself  by  saying  that
Microsoft  will  die  overnight. A week ago they tries to snatch  some  of
Yahoo.  Today  i  read about their use of Open Source  software  in  their
supercomputing O/S.

Microsot  is  like a very stubborn rat (Microsoft mouse). If you seal  the
hole  in  the wall, they will come out of your toilet bowl, stinking  more
radically than ever before.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows: backward-compatible, even for viruses
 10:10am  up 17 days 17:07,  8 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.61, 0.65