Re: challenge-response filtering?

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Roy Schestowitz said

>> What do you find
>> outrageous?  The existance of zombie networks or the fact that the
>> largest installed O/S base has the largest number of compromised
>> machines?
>
> Both.  If  you leave the door open, somebody will come in. If you
> build  a house  out  of  cardboard  and someone tears a hole, you
> will  blame  the architect  as  well.  Thieves and crooks exist by the
> nature  of  society. Street smarts are something you must cope with.
> Neglecting to do so should lead to one's demise until models are
> evolved to improvement. Sadly, after many  years  of exploits, people
> have learned few lessons are have  simply found themselves locked in
> (shackled to a cardboard building).

So the emerging trend for viruses that infect Macs, Linux, and mobile
devices are because of negligence on the part of the writers of those
Operating Systems, rather than as the writers of anti-virus software and
other industry notables think; the result in the greater spread of those
operating systems.

You example is stupid.  It?s stupid for so many reasons.  But I guess
since you?ve firmly sided with Alan Connor I?m not surprised.

--
rob singers
pull finger to reply