Re: Anyone recommend a good free *reliable* FPT client? (for transferring large volumes of data)

  • Subject: Re: Anyone recommend a good free *reliable* FPT client? (for transferring large volumes of data)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:08:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [ ship ] on Friday 19 May 2006 01:10 \__

> Do KDE's Konqueror and/or gFTP have an auto-resume facility?

gFTP will resume upon broken connections. I am not sure about Konqueror.

> My old AbsoluteFTP does great and does everythying I want it to,
> it resumes, it drags and drops very intuitively, it multi threads
> flawlessly...
> but after about 5 or 6 MB it always conks out and it wont resume
> *automatically* - you have to wait for it to come to a grinding hault,
> then wait several minutes for it to throw an error message, and then
> remember to hit continue (or try again is it?) before the host
> throws you off!

gFTP is good under such scenarios.

__/ [ ship ] added on Friday 19 May 2006 01:12 \__

> gFTP is that a Linux only thing.
> I need a Window FTP free client.
>
> Ship
> Shiperton Henethe

Aha. Well, it wasn't stated explicity in the reply I looked at. My bad. There
are ways to run Linux or just KDE in Windows, as well.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 10:05am  up 21 days 17:02,  10 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.50, 0.60