Re: Dumb LifeDrive question - help!

On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:20:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>I am not a LifeDrive owner, but LifeDrives are functioning as mass storage
>devices.  Have you tried plugging it in to your Desk/laptop and then  open
>the  LifeDrive  as though it was a new external drive? You should then  be
>able  to erase files from it. That aside, I don't know what happens if you
>run a Palm file manager such as FileZ on the LifeDrive. That's the type of
>program to use when you want to clean up an SD card. Might come ion handy,
>and it's free...
>
>                http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Roy

The LifeDrive comes with a program called LifeDrive Manager, which is a file
manager to use with the LD when it is connected to the PC.  There is no need to
use "drive mode" as  on the T5 and other devices.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/mobilemanagers/lifedrive/smartfilemgmt.epl
LifeDrive? Manager. Easy access to your files.

LifeDrive Manager is a desktop application that displays a live view of the
items, including the files, folders, and applications, on your mobile manager's
hard drive. This means that when you connect your LifeDrive mobile manager to
your computer, your mobile manager's drive appears on your computer screen. You
can simply click on it to see which files and folders are there.

Galley