Re: Link scam

__/ [ John Bokma ] on Tuesday 16 May 2006 14:14 \__

>> For example: for the past 4 months there has been this Chinese guy who
>> kept spamming one of my Wikis every couple of days.
>
> Did you report this to his ISP? I recently got several comment spams
> clearly coming from the same zombie network, and I guess/hope I cleaned up
> a few of them :-D.

I  am  always trying to think what will be the least time consuming.  It's
natural to choose procrastination and follow the impulse to purge. When it
doesn't  stop, what else can you do? I recently made it more apparent that
over  50% of all E-mail traffic comes from compromised Windows boxes. What
can  the ISP's do? They are reluctant to disconnect these machines because
Windows  remains prevalent. As for CMS spam, they use proxies. The pattern
is too wild to permit safe exclusion rules.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS  - I read your new page on phpBB spam. I have exactly the same problem,
but  the  forum  is otherwise dormant. Please keep posting  on  the  topic
(JB.com  or  AWW) if you can pull a trick/card off your sleeve *smile*.  I
vehemently  hate  the  clucky interface of phpBB admin  because  it  makes
management (cleanup rather) very cumbersome, so I do it once a month.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
  2:40pm  up 18 days 21:37,  8 users,  load average: 0.86, 0.59, 0.49