Re: Office 2007 Public Beta available

On Wed, 24 May 2006 02:45:59 -0700, Super Spinner wrote:

>> This transition forces users to upgrade yet again. Ian made a nice comment
>> about the intent or the essence of this XML 'format', which is by no means
>> a  standard,  and  judging by professional's word, will never  become  one
>> either. It is bound to a single existing implementation.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>
> Wow, you're an idiot.

Being right makes one an idiot? I hope then that I am always an idiot.

> "Draft 1.3 of the Ecma Office Open XML formats standard" was just
> released a few days ago, and you can read about it and download the
> specification here:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_jones/archive/2006/05/18/601150.aspx

Great read, all 4000 pages of it.  I'm sure you perused it prior to
posting it as contradicting evidence of what Roy stated, didn't you?

Obviously you didn't.  If you had, you would see that it only confirms
what he said. This so-called "open" format makes several calls to
proprietary components and is not in anyway portable or even "open" in the
truest sense of the word.

By your own cannon, you are most definitely *not* an idiot.

--
rapskat -  01:36:28 up 2 days,  1:14,  2 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.29, 0.42