Re: It's Official: Microsoft is Dying Very Quickly

  • Subject: Re: It's Official: Microsoft is Dying Very Quickly
  • From: "Gustavo Vasquez" <linux-sux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 21 May 2006 13:27:19 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Larry Qualig wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> > __/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 16:01 \__

> > Oops. I forgot to add bloggers, whom Microsoft pay to publish stuff in
> > support of Microsoft. Media sources such as CNET likewise.
>
> This is marketing and PR... How is this related to the company dying
> very quickly?
>
> > Also, I forgot to mention forum trolls:
> >
> > http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/gizmos/2005/11/2_grassroots_an.html
>
> Okay - Forms? Why are you trying to change the subject?
>

> > ,----[ Quote ]
> > | Some years back, Microsoft practiced a lot of dirty tricks using online
> > | mavens to go into forums and create Web sites extolling the virtues of
> > | Windows over OS/2. They were dubbed the Microsoft Munchkins, and it
> > | was obvious who they were and what they were up to. But their numbers
> > | and energy (and they way they joined forces with nonaligned dummies who
> > | liked to pile on) proved too much for IBM marketers, and Windows won
> > | the operating-system war through fifth-column tactics.
> > |
> > | Mr Dvorak wonders if Microsoft is today using reverse-dirty-tricks to
> > | promote the Xbox 360: pay people to create Web sites that slam the
> > | gaming computer in order to provoke a barrage of defenders.
> > `----
> >

> > Want to see a _live_ example? Then read on!
> >

> > > This absolutely the dumbest post I've read in a long time. Dying?
> > > Unfortunately the facts don't support your hyperbole.
> >

> > And this, of course, comes from Larry Qualig, a formet Microsoft employee.
>
> I worked there from 1996 to 1998 when they acquired a company that I
> was working for at the time. Considering that I haven't received a
> check from them in almost a decade I'm reasonably sure I'm no longer on
> their payroll.

You worked for vermeer didn't ya?  Not on the payroll anymore but hard
to stay neutral when your still spending there money.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/business/longterm/microsoft/stories/1998/microsofta101898.htm

"The deal closed in January 1996. Microsoft paid handsomely for Vermeer
- with stock worth an estimated $130 million at the time of the deal.
Most of the start-up's three dozen employees would be millionaires if
they stayed with Microsoft for at least two years."