Re: Help! I can't escape the Google Sandbox. What's the secret?

__/ [ WebPageFX ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 17:42 \__

> Help!  I can't escape the Google Sandbox.  What's the secret?

Take the left on the corridor, step up the ladder, grab sledgehammer, then
break glass. But quick. After 60 seconds, the Lemmings break loose.

> My new sites rank great in Yahoo and MSN but Google they are not in the
> first 500 listings.

How old is the site and what is its size? I suppose I could just check, but
it's safer to get the answer from you.

> I've purchased about $500 in quality links to the websites and it's
> been about 6+ months.  I would purchase more but the key phrase
> aren't in completive markets.

I hope you picked sites or directories that were related to the theme of your
site. Otherwise, they are said to count for nothing.

> Here are 2 examples:
>
> http://www.yorkpawebdesign.com  (#1 for York PA Web Design in Yahoo &
> MSN)
> http://www.mrconcretecountertops.com  (Ranks great for "city/state on
> home page and "concrete countertops" on Yahoo & MSN but not Google)

Are you aware of the fact that purchasing of links is frowned upon? Some say
that you must get few links from high status sites rather than get that
organic mix-n-match. Today I discovered that one of my very sidal pages was
elevated to PagaRank 6 because of just 3 links. That's higher than the
PageRank of my front page, which has thousands of incoming links, many of
which are rather strong. Something must be indicating that I am directly or
indirectly responsible for setting up these links (mainly in forums and a
diversity of sidebars).

> Maybe i just need to be more patient with Google or are they some
> directories or press releases that would help me crack their rankings?

Have you got DMOZ listing/s?

> My sites that have been established for a few years rank extremely well
> in Google so I'm hoping someone could enlighten me.

Let's see what others can suggest.

> Thanks for everyone's review and time!
> Bill
> Partner
> Webpagefx Web Design
> http://www.webpagefx.com

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  7:55pm  up 24 days  2:34,  11 users,  load average: 1.39, 1.51, 1.47