Re: [News] Cost of Complete Windows Vista: Just $679

__/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Wednesday 31 May 2006 12:58 \__

> On 2006-05-30, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>| There's no word better than "ultimate" to convey the impression that
>>| you're getting nothing but the best. However, when it comes to
>>| Microsoft's new software, whatever you end up getting is going to cost
>>| you heaps.
>>|
>>| And all those bits and bytes can be yours for just US$679, the price of
>>| a fairly handy desktop computer.
>
> See my .sig...
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ray Ingles                                               (313) 227-2317
>
> "I remember saying [...] that people would spend more money on software
> than on hardware. We certainly haven't passed that milestone by quite a
> margin. But particularly as software as a service becomes a reality
> [that might change]." -- Bill Gates, Newsweek, September 18th 2000

My home computer cost me 150 quid. That's nowhere near $679 and it contains
far more software. No Trojans. No apparent bugs. Bill Gates was brainwashing
people's minds again...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I blame God for making me an atheist"
  2:30pm  up 33 days 21:02,  10 users,  load average: 0.82, 0.91, 1.10