Re: [News] Ubuntu-ready (pre-installed) Laptops

__/ [ M ] on Tuesday 30 May 2006 17:58 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ M ] on Monday 29 May 2006 09:04 \__

>>> Press 'Learn More' and some *very* appealing screen shots.
>>>
>>> I wouldn't mind one of those myself, very nice.
>>>
>>> They need to have an obvious presence on the likes of froogle et al.
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> Where do we start? Stability, security, no more crappy spyware installing
>>> its self on your computer and reeking havoc.
>>> </quote>
>>>
>>> Woow, Not exactly the sort of quote I was expecting on a commercial site
>>> selling PC's.
>>
>> See their page which discusses the programs that are included and makes a
>> price-based comparison. They even pre-install applications like Inkscape.
>>

> It appears that they also ship to the UK for anyone who is interested. The
> only problem I can for see in the additional customs duty that people will
> need to pay.
>
> New site design is also to be released when Dapper is released.
>
> <snip>

Today! *grin*

Some innocent viewer thought he had pointed to an early mirror, but it was
just the release candidate. Expect some mirrors to fall over. Canonical
boasts several millions of Ubuntu users (those which they are _aware of_).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Othello for Win32/Linux: http://othellomaster.com
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  3:50am  up 33 days 10:22,  8 users,  load average: 0.95, 0.56, 0.65