Re: The 8-Hour Sleep Myth

On Mon, 29 May 2006 03:28:21 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ helco ] on Friday 26 May 2006 13:13 \__
>> Ever tried to "energize" yourself (or console yourself) with a snack?
>
>Personally, I don't have weight problems and I don't find that latter study
>surprising, either. On the one hand, the body burns more energy when awake,
>but on the other hand, there is indeed more time for eating. What intrigued
>me when I saw this article initially was that sleep duration should be the
>choice of any person and people's requirements vary so wildly. I know people
>who sleep just 3-4 hours a night.

I used to be that way when I was in my forties. I'd nod off to the
late night movie at around one am, and be awake as if by magic on the
stroke of five am perfectly refreshed. Now here I am awaiting my CPAP
device :-( which they're going to fit me for on the 8th June.

BB
--

http://www.kruse.co.uk/seo-competition.htm
http://www.here-be-posters.co.uk/lindsay-lohan-posters.htm