Re: On the Closing of Apple's Mac OS

__/ [ asj ] on Sunday 28 May 2006 18:43 \__

> Count me as a skeptic, but It's very VERY doubtful that Linux is as
> widely-used as Macs in the desktop arena, at least in the US or Europe.

Macs are easier to count (sales figures), but based on some Web statistics,
it is very likely that Linux is ahead. I see the Linux figures ahead of Mac
OS while "Other/s", which stand at ~10%, are most likely UNIX
derivatives/variants/alternatives. The number of people who I know settled
on dual-boot is rather high. They don't stand out from the crowd because the
desktop/laptop does not have a Big Apple forged onto it.

> *Still standing waiting for my wife at Liz Claiborne's while perusing
> the groups on An Opera Mini Java browser. I'm getting tired....

Have some COLA. It has got caffeine. Will make you feel vigorous...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:55pm  up 31 days  1:27,  9 users,  load average: 0.68, 1.02, 1.09