Re: Tag and Ping? say wha?

  • Subject: Re: Tag and Ping? say wha?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 17:10:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ FelixDEhuiskater ] on Sunday 28 May 2006 16:27 \__

> Big Bill schreef:
>
>> This looks like being the next fad in online marketing and I'm
>> guessing that it is a natural successor to blog and ping (if I have
>> that right) - does anyone have a handle on this yet?

If you write within the 'realms' of a modern CMS (not necessarily so), you
can easily auto-generate and append tags, which can be thought of as
frequently repeated, key nouns. Services like Technorati (and many other
pinging 'services' that act as gateways) signal upon updates in real time.
By accumulating tags you can be giving the user real-time results for a
topic and generating nice tag clouds, for joy and productivity. Search
engines are slow, That's what News and blogs searches are for. Google and
Yahoo, among others, have those.