Re: Tag and Ping? say wha?

__/ [ Big Bill ] on Sunday 28 May 2006 20:15 \__

> On Sun, 28 May 2006 17:10:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ FelixDEhuiskater ] on Sunday 28 May 2006 16:27 \__

>>If you write within the 'realms' of a modern CMS (not necessarily so), you
>>can easily auto-generate and append tags, which can be thought of as
>>frequently repeated, key nouns. Services like Technorati (and many other
>>pinging 'services' that act as gateways) signal upon updates in real time.
>>By accumulating tags you can be giving the user real-time results for a
>>topic and generating nice tag clouds, for joy and productivity. Search
>>engines are slow, That's what News and blogs searches are for. Google and
>>Yahoo, among others, have those.
>
> Thanks Roy. I still haven't looked at technorati. Busy, busy me.

I find it hard to believe that they are still doing very well. They have a
lot of competition and, with almost 100 million blogs, there is a decreasing
level of interest, as well as an increase in noise. Again, I don't know if
they actually prosper. Still a good way to track link in almost real-time.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  3:30am  up 31 days 10:02,  8 users,  load average: 0.88, 0.92, 0.74