Re: Denmark moves toward ODF standard

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Friday 26 May 2006 16:26 \__

> Quote (English translation from Danish):
> ------------------
> By no later than the 1st of September, all publications and other
> written documents on the homepage of the Ministry of Science will be
> available in the OpenDocument format (ODF). This was the promise by
> minister of Science Helge Sander..."I would like to emphasise that the
> use of open standards is central for the development in a digital
> administration. As a first step I have asked my own ministry to offer
> publications and other relevant written communication in the open
> document format ODF," said Helge Sander. -
> ------------------
> End Quote
>
> http://www.computerworld.dk/art/34035?a=rss&i=0

Well done, Denmark. The world salutes you. Another country that is sure to
follow  is  Norway,  unless it has openly expressed this  will  /already/.
Their  President  (or was it PM?) called for the ditching  Office  formats
over  a  year  ago. Good man! One who actually understands  computers  and
makes his own judgement...

The  folks  from  Trolltech and Opera (among others) must  be  making  the
ethical  issues  more  obvious  to the Norwegian  people...  another  such
country is Finland. 41%+ Firefox...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystemd(E)ntwicklung
  8:55pm  up 29 days  3:27,  8 users,  load average: 1.03, 1.34, 1.44