Re: Ubuntu 6.06 Release Candidate Out, Screenshots Available

Larry Qualig wrote:

> M wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> > Announcement:
>> >
>> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2006-May/000081.html
>> >
>> > Screenshots gallery:
>> >
>> > http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=651&slide=3
>>
>> Thanks for the info...
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> http://za1012001.googlepages.com/home
>

> I'm running a version of it right now. The difference between this
> version and "Breezy Badger" are very subtle. It works fine except
> there's one quirk... Every time I boot the machine a few seconds after
> it leaves 'text-mode' and goes graphical I get this strange message
> dialog. It says that "The media is not ready or the door might not be
> closed." (Something like that... I don't feel like rebooting and you
> can't copy and paste from this dialog.) I simply click Ok and
> everything works fine from that point on.

Presumable you have got upgraded versions of some software like Amorak and
possible Gnome or KDE depending on what you are running?

People seem to be reporting DHCP problems which sounds a bit nasty.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1055107#post1055107

I hope they find out what is causing the problem and are able to fix it.