Re: [News] Ubuntu 6.06 Release Candidate Out, Screenshots Available

__/ [ Michael B. Trausch ] on Friday 26 May 2006 22:50 \__

> B Gruff wrote in <4doeutF1b775fU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Fri, May 26 2006
> 09:42:
>
>> On Friday 26 May 2006 02:37 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Announcement:
>>>
>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2006-May/000081.html
>>>
>>> Screenshots gallery:
>>>
>>> http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=651&slide=3
>>
>> Already worth a try, you reckon?
>>
>> Kubuntu downloading.........
>>

> I have been using Kubuntu Dapper since one of the early Flight releases.
> I've been *quite* happy with it.  It does not get in the way of me getting
> my work done.  Really the only thing I would like it to do is entertain my
> three month old while I'm working, though I suspect that is not to be part
> of the feature-set anytime soon.  ;-)

Why not Edubuntu? It is, to some extent, intended for children (or
student/academics of course). You can already order Edubuntu with Shipit.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Black holes are where God is divided by zero"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 10:35am  up 29 days 17:07,  8 users,  load average: 0.83, 0.78, 0.67